As a part of the programme, on Friday 12 November at 13.00-14.30 (UTC+2) we will arrange an event called Tackling climate challenges together – Solutions and tools from Helsinki-Uusimaa Region, where new climate solutions, cooperation models and tools from Helsinki-Uusimaa will be presented. The event will comprise discussions on how cooperational climate work at a regional level could speed up solutions for global challenges.
–In Helsinki-Uusimaa we have ambitious climate goals and many solutions to offer. At the event, we will share our experiences of how collaboration can meet climate challenges. We wish to include young people in the climate discussions and hear their opinions about solutions and courses of action, as said by Ms Pia Tynys, Chief Adviser of Climate Change at the Helsinki-Uusimaa Regional Council.
In the event Tackling climate challenges together, the Helsinki-Uusimaa Regional Council will present its model of cooperation, where the public and private sector, as well as R&D&I actors along with the inhabitants contribute to the climate change mitigation by acknowledging the limits of the environment. The cities of Helsinki, Vantaa, Espoo and Porvoo will present their most impressive cooperative climate actions. The Helsinki Region Environmental Services Authority HSY, Kausal Ltd and the Climate Leadership Coalition (CLC) will bring you new tools for climate work. Every speaker will be challenged by two young climate activists.
Speeches at Tackling climate challenges together – Solutions and tools from Helsinki-Uusimaa Region
Tackling global and local challenges together
- New ways of collaboration, quintuple helix -model and accelerated learning process in regional climate work, Helsinki-Uusimaa Regional Council
- Helsinki Energy Challenge – creating the future of urban heating, City of Helsinki
- Low carbon district -tool, Helsinki Region Environmental Services Authority (HSY)
- New model of development commitment in Kera District, City of Espoo
- AVIA Network´s Green Deal Manifesto, towards climate neutral airport area 2030, City of Vantaa
- The accelerator of sustainable living – the city as an enabler of sustainable everyday life, City of Porvoo
Tools for collaboration and accelerated pathway
- Kausal Watch and Kausal Paths, monitoring tool for climate actions and scenario tool for assessing and visualizing climate scenarios, Kausal Ltd
- Carbon handprint method for solution developers, Climate Leadership Coalition (CLC)
Those registered in advance can participate on spot at the Nordic Culture Point (Kaisaniemenkatu 9, Helsinki). The event, which is held in English, will be streamed on the joint Finnish Facebook accounts of the Nordic Council of Ministers and the Nordic Council, and on the website We Don’t Have Time. The recording will be available on the Youtube channel of the Helsinki-Uusimaa Regional Council after the event.
Nordic Council of Ministers arranging more than 100 events in Helsinki and Glasgow
The Nordic countries have ambitious climate goals, and their forerunner solutions are highlighted in various ways at the events arranged at the Nordic COP26 Hub in Helsinki during the climate conference in Glasgow. Various climate themes will be discussed; these are for example green energy, traffic, food system and fashion. The UK wants to expand the participant groups and include cities and regions, as well – not only states.
The themes of discussion will be How to solve the climate crisis and How to reach the climate neutrality goals. The Nordic Pavilion will also present information about how the negotiations are proceeding. It is possible to follow the events on spot at the Nordic COP26 Hub in Helsinki or online via the website We Don’t Have Time.
For more information, please contact:
Ms Pia Tynys, Helsinki-Uusimaa Regional Council, phone +358 40 149 2244